<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 11, 2008

Happenings

My non-hilarious trainer had me do squats on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday I decided to go for a long run despite the searing pain in my legs. As I result, I found myself unable to move my legs on Wednesday afternoon. I was shuffling down the hall like a robot, or NBC's Brian Williams, if you think there's a difference. I ended up locking myself out in the elevator bank because I was holding some boxes and couldn't lift my legs to put the pass card against the sensor. Thankfully someone came by and let me in. I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

I got a great night of sleep last night, though, because the beeping in our home has finally stopped! After deciding to euthanize the security alarm by turning off its circuit breakers, we realized that the awful shrieking was in fact coming from our carbon monoxide detector. Since it's being going off for a month now and no one has died, we weren't too worried that we actually had carbon monoxide problems, and sure enough, all we needed was a new 9 volt battery. As the music of Jennifer Lopez has taught me, silence is golden.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?