<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 07, 2008

Shades of Goldilocks...

My cleaning lady is a funny gal. She insists on rearranging the items on my bedside table into her preferred pattern every week, even though I always insist in turn on putting them back the way I want them. She doesn't believe that socks should be paired when they're put away in the drawer, even though that's how all the socks that are already in there are stored. She always puts the chairs in a square around my round dining table. And she seems to want to avoid talking to me or my sister above all other things.

This week, though, I came home to perhaps her greatest accomplishment yet. She had "made my bed" by piling all of the pillows in the center and then putting the blankets over them. It looked like a tiny volcano had risen out of the middle of my mattress. My first thought was literally that there might be someone hiding under there. But a few smacks with a tennis racket later, it turned out it was just another creative decorating idea. Could it be that she's just not familiar with the concept of a bed?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?