<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nude Gwyneth Paltrow Will Give You Iron Man

That was the subject line for a spam email I received yesterday. You've got to give them extra points for topicality, I suppose. Although really, is it that hard to find a nude Gwyneth Paltrow? For a while there in the late '90s you couldn't pay her to keep her clothes on.

I did finally see Iron Man last night and I found it fairly enjoyable. Robert Downey, Jr. was quite funny, as though he were every bit as surprised as the rest of America to find himself starring in a comic book adaptation. I really liked the Iron Man suit and found myself wondering if they might be available for sale at Nordstrom Rack. The action sequences were entertaining and seldom vomit-inducing. I did think there were a few too many scenes in which people were working on building mechanical things -- I got my fill of that at U of I, thank you -- but it's a small quibble. Oh, and also I find Terrence Howard sort of creepy.

Of course, since it's me, I insisted that we buy our tickets in advance and get there half an hour early for good seats. And then there were probably a total of fifteen people in the theater. Oh well, at least we got to enjoy the movie trivia!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?