<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I cleaned up my office for the first time in several months today, and learned that I am apparently insane. Why do I feel the need to hold on to newspaper articles from two and a half years ago and print outs of cases I don't even remember reading in the first place? Why do I have approximately 400 mini note pads with one or two pages of notes in them? Why is there a thin layer of paper clips covering the surfaces of my office? If shame were an emotion I were capable of feeling, I imagine I'd be there right about now.

I have also been listening to hot jams while I work today. Earlier I had a little bit of Mariah (or "Mimi," as the kids call her these days) and now I'm working through my aggression with some Kelly Clarkson (or "Muffin Top," as I like to imagine the kids calling her these days). I feel a bit like dancing around the room holding a pen in front of myself like a microphone as though I were in some terrible movie for people with ovaries. I will restrain myself, however, largely because I feel most certain I would end up tripping and stabbing myself to death.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?