<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another Day in Captivity

Yesterday I took my parents to the Stevie Wonder concert at Taste of Chicago. Now, I know what you're thinking: that sounds like the worst idea of all time. And let me assure you, it was. There were roughly ten million people at the event, to the extent that the Chicago police decided to close off all access while my sister was on a bathroom trip, leaving her stranded and alone. And apparently the majority of those in attendance understood the term "concert" to mean McGloughlin Group-style discussion session, as the chitter chatter seldom, if ever, stopped. Add it the joys of paying $20 for two tacos and a Diet Pepsi, and you've got another classic family outing.

Of course, Taste wasn't our entire day. We also went to the zoo, where a child smacked me in the face with a balloon and a penguin became enraged and tried to attack me through the glass. Oh, and we visited every last tourist trap in town trying to find a Chicago flag for my mother, who insisted that it "wouldn't be the same" if I found it later and mailed it to her at home.

Maybe the thing is that I just need a new family.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?