<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 20, 2008

Facing the Music

So I finally joined Facebook. I kind of hate the idea, but frankly I couldn't deal with the peer pressure any more. It's the same reason I tried those marijuana pills. I guess what really gets me is the fact that Facebook is the exact same thing as Friendster and Myspace, but for some reason more popular now. (Except in the Philippines; I can tell you based on the series of messages I've gotten that Friendster is hot in the Philippines.) So I'll be cutting and pasting my carefully constructed (and utterly uninformative) bio into yet another site this weekend. It's enough to make a person want to find real life friends.

Of course, it is sort of interesting the people you can find on these things, i.e. the intensely Christian girl from your high school who now lists Tila Tequila as a role model and sex as a hobby or the total burnout who now has six kids and heads up the Rotary Club. And I enjoy having people write on my wall (heh heh) as much as the next person. But the man hours involved, oh, the man hours! Maybe I should hire someone to manage my online social life.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?