<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Hairy Situation

I got my hair cut tonight. As anyone who has been reading this blog since its inception (or in fact anyone who saw the last post) knows, I have had my fair share of ridiculous haircuts. The uneven bowl cut figured prominently in my childhood, and I did myself no favors in junior high by grabbing a can of Aqua Net and fashioning myself a severe side part. That cut was followed immediately by the floppy bangs so popular with 1990s teen soccer players and lesbians everywhere, and then by a brief period of little or no hair at all. Let me just say that I am pleased with my present folicular situation.

But the problem is the gentleman behind this particular cut. Though gifted with the scissors, he has a bad habit of sharing with me the gory details of his sex life every time I see him. I have to admit that I find it somewhat uncomfortable to hear all about frottage and fisting whilst someone shaves the back of my neck. For one thing, I don't understand half the words I'm hearing. For another, I don't have any particular contribution of my own to make. I mean, what am I going to say? "Man, I totally made out last weekend?"

Ah, the price we pay to look spectacular.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?