<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mr. Fix-It

Lately various things in my condo have taken to falling apart. The kitchen closet won't stay closed unless I rubber band the door handles to each other and the front door buzzer emits a high-pitched squeal whenever one attempts to listen to the intercom. Also, the hand towel rack in my bathroom has an amusing habit of falling off the wall whenever anyone employs anything more than a gentle tug. (I like to pretend that this has never happened before and that I am infuriated with the victim for ruining my beautiful home.) For the most part, I ignore these things, as I lack the basic competence to fix them or even pick up the phone and ask someone else to do so.

But last night I actually fixed the handle on my bathroom faucet! All by myself! Recently it had been coming off in my hand during use, which can be less than 100% thrilling. And for some strange reason I decided that 12:30 last night was the best time to make some repairs. I got out my little tool belt (so fetch!) and went at it with a screwdriver (a hammer seemed like overkill). And within half an hour I had fully disassembled and reassembled the thing and got it to function properly! I'm thinking that a TLC show can't help but be in my near future.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?