<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 14, 2008

Beaches

This weekend we went to my friend's beach house in Michigan. Well, before I get too glamorous sounding, let me clarify that it is my friend's parents' beach house and that they just rent it for a week every year. Also that the beach in question is on the shores of Lake Michigan, so there is always the possibility of a syringe washing up alongside your beach volleyball game. But regardless, it was totally fun and awesome and made me feel like Diddy heading to the Hamptons or something. Although again, to be clear, I did not found Dannity Kane and I rarely if ever pack heat.

The forecast for the weekend was really terrible -- a 100% chance of thunderstorms predicted for parts of Saturday, in fact -- so it was especially thrilling when it did not rain at all. In fact, it was just about perfect weather, although the water was cold enough to make me draw back in an amusingly wussy fashion each time I wandered a bit deeper. Of course, as a veteran overpacker, I had prepared for the alleged rain by filling my trunk with board games, none of which ever saw the light of day. A very sad day for Taboo, I must say.

And in case you are wondering, the traffic was blessedly light. Although I am still smarting over the fact that I paid $3.00 to cross a bridge into Indiana. Paying to get out of Indiana I can see.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?