<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 07, 2008

On Wisconsin

So the drive up to the twin cities took six hours, but the trip back took nine. Apparently so many Chicago-area families felt the need to spend America's Birthday watersliding in the Waterpark Capital of the World that the highway through the Dells became a two-lane parking lot. We decided to stop for a chicken strip melt at the Perkins (in a most tempting proposition, they were accepting applications), but the traffic was still absurd when we emerged. And the food coma my meal put me in almost forced me off the road on more than one occasion. My heroic efforts to sing along to the Dreamgirls soundtrack were pretty much all that kept me awake.

Takeaways from the trip? Minnesota accents are mad awesome. Mike & Ikes should not be consumed in mass quantities. Couples ought not to have long pauses in their weddings where they listen to a song that's meaningful to them and stare at each other. And there has never been a good wedding DJ, unless it's a dead wedding DJ.

It's nice to be back on my native soil.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?