<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 24, 2008

To the Max

I finally saw The Dark Knight Tuesday. We got our tickets a week in advance and we still had to sit in the third row on the left side. And it was a 10 PM show, which meant I had to drink two Diet Cokes before going there and sneak a box of Mike & Ikes in just to stay awake. Plus we saw it at the Navy Pier IMAX, where I thought there was going to be a riot on the way in even though the seating was reserved. But cooler heads prevailed and Maggie Gyllenhaal's Greatest Work safely unspooled.

I have to say that I thought it was pretty durned good. There was a bit less of the random Important Philosophizing that almost killed the first movie, and much less Katie Holmes, which makes everything better. My office building played a major role, which was kind of fun, because it made me feel like I work with Batman, who would make an excellent securities litigator. I also found the IMAX to be far more enjoyable than it was for the last feature I attended at one, which I believe had something to do with space. The only thing I would say is that they really need to turn down the bass on Batman's voice, because it is likely to send folks with weaker constitutions into shock. Also no movie needs to be two and a half hours long. I got places to be, people.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?