<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 29, 2008

All Aboard

Last night, I took the train back to Quincy for a long weekend. In case you've never taken an Amtrak from Union Station, let me assure you that you should do your best to keep it that way. My trip began with a glamorous dinner from Burrito Beach at the "food court" that is essentially just five or six tables crammed into the edge of a hallway. Then I got in line for the train, only to find out that it was not a line for my train and in fact not even a line. Then I spent half an hour standing awkwardly around in the lounge while people repeatedly asked me if this was the right place to be for the 383 (apparently I look like I work for Amtrak) before finally getting on the train. Then we got stuck behind a freight train, which added an extra half hour to the trip. Oh, and there was a lady sitting in front of me talking loudly on her cell phone the whole way and laughing like a hyena. Other than that, it wasn't bad. I played mah jongg on my laptop and read Middlemarch.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?