<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Decoded

Every glorious era in the history of man must eventually come to an end, and so I have finished reading The Da Vinci Code. Of course, I cried for about six hours when it was over. It just seems so unfair to me that I will never again be able to enjoy these marvelous characters -- Robert, Sophie, Silas -- for the first time. No doubt I can reread it again and again and again, each time accessing deeper layers of meaning and decoding additional symbol, but never again will I get that thrill of discovery. I guess I will have to console myself with Ron Howard's cinematic masterpiece of the same name.

Luckily I have a new obsession in the newly opened Olympics. Today I watched two tiny Chinese ladies hit a volleyball and hug each other for an hour and a half. I squinted at a pool from about ten yards away for a couple hours trying to decode the men's water polo matchup. I even watched the badminton match over on MSNBC. I mean, who cares about human rights when there are medals to be won!

I guess the bottom line of all this is that I have serious problems. Please, I beg you to pray for me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?