<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Alone Again, Naturally

Did I mention that my sister has moved back to Champaign for the semester? For the first time in five years I am living by myself. There is no one else here to eat my potato chips and not buy new ones, steal my CDs, or have angry sex on my desk. No one is going to set my DVR to record adult programming on Showtime or the Spanish-language news. No one will come home drunk, try to make a chicken pot pie, and blast Three Doors Down's "Kryptonite." And if I want to walk around naked, I am free to do so. So far I haven't wanted to, but I reserve the right.

Of course, I haven't had a roommate who actually does any of those things in years, so mainly I just miss the companionship. It's weird not to have someone who will watch Comcast On Demand Videos with me (Vanessa Hudgens' "Sneakernight" is so fetch) or play Nintendo games for hours on end. When I come home from work cranky, I have no one to snap at unnecessarily. Plus there is no one there to hear my various witty remarks, which are of course many. I can always invite one of my friends over, of course, but I generally have to be all nice to them and stuff. Such a burden!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?