<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bad Credit

Why is it that when I call my credit card company to activate my new card I have to listen to four or five solicitations for products I would never use? I had to politely decline their "credit protector" service, a $5000 line of credit, a new mortgage, an "upgrade" to a "rewards" card, and their "premium" checking account before I finally got the chance to enter my credit card number. The sweet Indian man on the other end of the phone sounded so disappointed each time. I almost felt like investing in the certificate of deposit just to make him feel like it was all worthwhile.
In other news, I bought an electric fan (to combat the afternoon sweat lodge effect in my office) and a huge bag of lemonheads, cherryheads, grapeheads, and appleheads. Work is ever so much fun when you're on a sugar high. That trip to Walgreens boosted my productivity like 1000 percent.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?