<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

An Office Miracle

So today I was talking to a friend as I got out of the elevator at work, and I guess somehow I was gesticulating a bit, and I accidentally tossed my building ID back into the elevator, where it landed on the crack between the elevator and my floor. My friend and I both dived for it, only to see the elevator door close right over it. As the elevator went up, I thought I heard it slip down the crack into the inky depths below. This made me somewhat sad, as it was a nearly-new building ID and it had a fun picture on it where I clearly had sassface. Also it takes like half an hour to get a new one and the lady who works there is really sarcastic, which is not nearly as much fun when it's directed towards you. But I sucked it up and told my secretary I would need a temporary card until I could find the time to get a new one. So imagine my surprise when, half an hour later, some random lady showed up at my door with my card. Apparently it only fell down to the next floor, and she saw it when she was getting out of the elevator. We were reunited and, well, frankly, it felt so good.

Admittedly as miracles go it's not exactly on a loaves and fishes scale, but it did save me a trip to the other elevator bank. And who knows what I might have dropped down that one?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?