<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Storm's A Brewin'

I believe Hurricane Gustav has just hit Chicago. It has been pouring all day, to such an extent that the cab driver just yelled at me not to put my umbrella on the seat (which I was not doing, by the way). He then treated me to a 10 minute rant about how people in Chicago never take cabs when it's not raining but then complain that they can't get a cab when it rained. I seriously feared he might pull a gun on me. And then was secretly disappointed when he did not.

Now I'm home and largely dried off and playing scrabble on facebook with my sister. I fear this shall be my new addiction. It's just that I'm so good with words and/or things that are pointless.

And speaking of hurricanes, did anyone see Palin's speech last night? I actually didn't, because I feared I might vomit violently throughout, but I read the coverage today, and it was enough to cause me a little bit of a mouth barf. It seems this woman is trying out for the role of a Disney villainess. Her singing voice is nowhere near as lovely, however.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?