<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Three Days of Rain

Cook County has just declared a state of emergency due to flooding. I personally have suffered nothing more than a little bit of inconvenience and some very wet jeans, but apparently the Chicago River has even overflowed its banks on the Northwest side. It reminds me of when the Mississippi flooded back in 1993 and I went out with my friends to fill sandbags in my Umbros. Except that no one is playing C & C Music Factory right now, although they should be. I guess that highways have even been closed due to flooding, as opposed to being closed because someone has driven a semi into a Wendy's, as seems to be the usual course. Here's hoping we can make it through the week without any more rain!

On a completely unrelated note that I just sort of want to mention, even though I may not have anything particularly comic to say about it, Carlos Zambrano pitched a no hitter for the Cubs tonight. It's the first Cubs no hitter since 1972. I actually got to watch all of it, too, although part of it I had the sound off because I was on the phone with my parents. And I did briefly switch over to ABC Family to see if Bring it On: All or Nothing was on. But for the most part I was there, and it was amazing. It really seems like it may be the Cubs' year!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?