<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 20, 2008

Day in Review

This morning on the train a woman got into a screaming match with a panhandler that involved both accusations of racism and several colorful uses of the f bomb. Obviously the rest of the day was all downhill from there.

I got in at 8:30 and already had two voicemails. And neither one of them was from the McCain campaign warning me about Obama's ties to domestic terrorist William Ayers. I spent the morning struggling to complete the tasks those voicemails left me and trying to figure out how my work e-mail account got signed up for the Men's Health Daily Dose newsletter.

I also had a mentoring lunch today where I imparted all of my valuable knowledge on a first year attorney. She now knows everything about the law that Reader's Digest and Cathy comics can teach her.

Then in the afternoon I successfully pursued an important campaign to get my Chase gift card to actually work. With the help of an intrepidly sassy helpline operator, I learned that the card will work if, and only if, you spend exactly the amount that is on the card. If only I still had that calculator wristwatch I wore back in fourth grade.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?