<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Election

So I'm going to be an election monitor in Indiana. I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping I get some kind of badge to wear and -- though I know there's little hope of this -- possibly even a taser. I think that would probably be the most effective way to get people to use the touchscreen properly.

It turns out that Indiana has a whole bunch of voting laws so I'm cramming like crazy. Stuff like you can't wear your Ralph Nader t-shirt to the polls or use your Hawaii driver's license as identification. And I think there may be a literacy test or something, I'm not sure.

You may wonder why I'm monitoring in Indiana as opposed to right here in Chicago. The answer is simple: there have never been any voting irregularities of any kind here in Chicago. I know this because we put it to a vote and even the deceased agreed that everything was simply hunky dorey. Democracy is totally the best.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?