<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Occasions

So yesterday I was shanghaied into getting a GAP card. I was buying some khakis (since I'm white) and the guy was taking forever to ring them up and he would not stop talking about all the wonders of the GAP card. And I just really, really wanted him to stop talking. And the next thing I knew I was saving 15% on all my purchases.

I also nearly opened a savings account at Citibank yesterday based on the same sort of sales pressure. Apparently it was a very impressionable day for me. Luckily the woman and the new accounts desk was too busy to see me right away, or I might well have six or seven certificates of deposit crammed into a lock box somewhere.

Did you know that today was Bosses' Day, by the way? Our secretaries put together a breakfast buffet for us this morning in honor of the occasion. I told Lisa she should whip up some omelets on the copy machine, using the paper cutter to chop up the meats and green onions, but somehow my wonderful plan never came to fruition. I did eat a helluva lot of brownie bites, however.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?