<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 10, 2008

Programming Notes

I think I have to officially admit now that I am a bad blogger. I forget about this thing for days at a time. When I do remember, I tend to post random regurgitations of my thoughts, as opposed to the somewhat cogent (or at least organized -- as in there were thesis sentences) posts of days of yore. I'm often more observational than in the strictest sense funny. I almost never post pictures any more, mainly because I'm pretty sure that my digital camera is so old that it's only compatible with an Apple IIe. When I do, it's really just whatever strange shit I find on my hard drive, a fact I try to obscure by adding quippy captions. I've never once posted a video. I actually don't know how. And my video camera has been sitting under the shoe rack in my closet for months now. So yeah, I'm pretty much horrible in every way.

In my defense, I do have to say that it's not entirely my fault. My work has banned blogging from office computers, so I have to try to remember when I get home every night at 8 PM. (I had a dream last night that I got fired for violating Internet protocol, so I take this rule very seriously.) There's also a rule that I can't blog ABOUT work, so that cuts out a lot of subject matter. I live in fear that writing about how my secretary likes to answer my phone calls and talk to my friends will somehow betray a client confidence and get me canned. I'm also kind of reluctant to write about any of my friends, since most of them read this at least every once in a while, and God knows it would be the one day I write about how Judy is a bitch that she would read it and overdose on painkillers or something. I mean, clearly people are going to take the things I say very seriously to heart.

Anyway, apologies for all the terribleness. Not that it's necessarily going to change. God, I kind of sound like the Republican party right now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?