<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 03, 2008

Social Studies

So on my way home on the train the other day I had the pleasure of sitting in front of two particularly great critical minds, a sort of Ebert & Roeper of social issues if you will, who gave me a great deal to think about on any number of topics.

"Mmm, hmmm, you know they're going to hell," I heard as I got on the train. "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, you know it."

"Oh I know, girl. I tell you what, there's two things I don't like: gays and being mean to old people. I just don't get it."

"Me neither, girl. I mean, why would you want a dick up your butt? It just don't make no sense."

"You know what else don't make sense? All them immigrants with their marching. I mean, if you don't like this country, leave, that's what I say."

"I know. And then you get on the bus and they're all 'moojie moojie.' You live in American now, you got to speak American."

"Mmm hmmm. I think they should make it a law to speak American. Just like it's a law that you have to salute the flag."

"You're right, girl. I got a flag in my living room. And a picture of Jesus."

"Girl, you know I like Jesus, too."

I almost wish I hadn't gotten up and moved to another car of the train. Sure, I got a lot more reading done, but think of the education I missed!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?