<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Transitions

Have you ever noticed how liberally some people use the "high importance" flag on their email? It seems like every other funny forward and bake sale announcement I get these days is marked urgent. Just today I got an email marked with a big red exclamation point that informed me copies of some cases are on their way to me through interoffice mail. Stop the presses.

What was really urgent, it turns out, was my need for a stepladder. (How's that for a fun segue?) I was buying light bulbs at Home Depot yesterday and decided to throw a six-foot stepladder into the mix. It almost didn't fit in my car and I thought my arms might fall off as I carried it up the stairs, but it's turned out just beautifully. I've already used it twice, which matches the number of times I've used the label maker I impulse bought at Target last year. I'm just shattering records all over the place.

And speaking of records, I think my cleaning lady may have taken my vinyl copy of Miami Sound Machine's Primitive Love. (I am the transition king.) I can't find it anywhere and I'm fairly certain I'm not friends with anyone who would actually want to take it. In fact, I've never listened to it myself, so I may just have to let this one go. Could I have imagined owning one of the early works of Gloria E?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?