<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Crankiness World Tour 2008

I drove back to Quincy for Thanksgiving today. And wherever I went, it seemed like people were ridiculously angry. I stopped for gas just outside Chicago and heard the woman at the pump next to me forcefully explaining to the small child in her car how immigrants were responsible for the high gas prices. It's basic supply and demand, really. Then, when I grabbed lunch at Burger King, the man in front of me in line was becoming irate because the cashier refused to substitute an Oreo milkshake into his value meal. To be fair, all other kinds of milkshake are pure crap. And finally, when I stopped for a pee break near Springfield, I heard a man haggling over the price of a Crunch bar. Because Love's Travel Stop is essentially a Middle Eastern marketplace. Happy holidays indeed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?