<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 10, 2008

Domestic

The past few days have witnessed what will undoubtedly be one of the great civic projects of our time, the Great Condominium Reorganization of 2008. You see, I bought a shredder at Target yesterday, and I have been putting it through an intense workout. No longer do I have a collection of bank statements dating back to 2001 sitting in my living room. The file folders full of multiple choice marketing exams from college have been converted into mulch. The surface of the chair in my room is once again wholly visible. It is a great time to be an American.

The advances of this age are not limited solely to paper goods, however. I have done three loads of laundry, including hand-scrubbing the mysterious rust-colored stains out of my green long-sleeve T. I have taken a load of old clothes -- including several wonderful Screech-like paisley shirts I hated to get rid of -- to goodwill. I have started in on the process of reorganizing my closets, so that I no longer have a tennis racket hanging from my tie rack. Great accomplishments, these.

Unfortunately, I am now exhausted from so much greatness. I may well be early to bed this evening.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?