<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 21, 2008

The Great Jennifer Aniston Debate of '08

My sister has a bit of an unhealthy fixation on Jennifer Aniston. In junior high, when she had to write an essay about her hero for some standardized test, she wrote about Jennifer Aniston. I'm not sure what her three main supporting points were, but I'm betting at least one of them was the haircut. Personally, I wrote my essay about Harriet Tubman. Apparently, I was a strong, proud African-American woman in the seventh grade.

Anyway, Meg's obsession has led to a number of interesting debacles through the years, chiefly among them her attendance at a theatrical screening of Picture Perfect. Remember that one? I believe it co-starred Jay Mohr? I guess the title Box Office Poison was already taken.

So last night, Meg and her boyfriend arrived at my house for a visit flush with the aftermath of a big fight over -- who else? -- Jennifer Aniston. Apparently, Meg did not take kindly to certain comments about Ms. Aniston's inability to realistically portray a human being on the big screen. She defended her Jen with a recent statistic suggesting that Ms. Aniston has sold a lot of Stars and Us Weeklies. This led to an extended discourse on the difference between likability and, well, ability. There was a certain amount of shouting and, I feel certain, crying.

Next time I'll just turn out the lights and pretend not to be home.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?