<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 15, 2008

More Evidence That I Should Not Be Allowed to Shop Alone

As part of the Great Condo Reorganization of 2008, I decided to get some under-bed boxes to hold the bulk of the miscellaneous crap I randomly keep for no reason at all. Since I noticed that the Linens 'N Things near my house is going out of business, I figured that would be a good place to get them. Little did I know that I would end up spending almost two hours there, as well as $250 on things I don't need.

Things started going south the minute I got in the door and noticed a particularly attractive display of sweater shavers. Although I managed to avoid purchasing one, I was quickly drawn into the nearby candle department. I was this close to buying a set of three candles with a some river rocks and a bamboo mat to display them on. Luckily, I realized I was not a menopausal woman before I could reach for my credit card.

It was in the linens section that things really got bad. I was seized with a sudden bout of modesty regarding the items stored under my bed and picked out a rather pricey bedskirt. Then I found a set of sheets that would go just perfectly with the new duvet cover I have envisioned in my mind but will likely not locate or purchase for years to come. Both went in the cart. Then I inexplicably bought a lamp for the guest bedroom I have literally not set foot in in over a month. And finally, I bought a 2009 Grey's Anatomy calendar. That one was a joke. But still.

Oh, and I did find the under-bed boxes. My condo is going to be very organized. And of course filled with random objects I have unnecessarily purchased. It's a triumph all around.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?