<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Let's Get Physical

I went to the gym with my mother today. There is, of course, no better way to get a hardcore workout. My mother has a glass hip and has twice fallen off the treadmill while mall walking, so it is always an adventure. She also sometimes wears jean shorts for her sprints, but today she had to opt for the warmer comfort of track pants. Anyway, the college she and my dad work out has a pretty decent fitness center, so I thought it would at least be preferable to riding the '70s exercise bike in our basement. Although there is a collection of highly dated Entertainment Weeklies that accompanies the bike, so I did miss out on the latest on Friends.

Anyway, I did a quick run on the track, where I raced with an old man who was talking to himself, and lifted a bit in the weight room, where there were a bunch of bros spotting each other in the most homoerotic manner possible. I also had a quick pee, during which I learned that locking the door to the bathroom does not, in fact, keep it from opening when someone turns the handle. And of course I slammed my pecs and blasted my delts. It's just what I do.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?