<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Arts & Culture

Last night we saw The Seafarer at Steppenwolf. I'm still kind of processing how I felt about it. There were lots of Irish accents, which tends to scare the bejesus out of me, and the plot has a bit of a mystical element to it that I'm pretty sure I came up with first when I was in sixth grade. But on the other hand the acting was quite good -- it had Frasier's dad in it -- and it came in at under two and a half hours, including intermission. Fine arts that allow you to get home in time for The Daily Show are definitely a plus in my book.

I also finished Brideshead Revisited the other day, which I really enjoyed. The book itself I enjoyed, not just the finishing thereof. It had a pretty contemporary feel to it even though it was written in the forties, and there was a lot of attractive language. Also I had my parents' edition from the seventies, which had some pretty groovy cover art. My only regret is that it wasn't available in a Classics Illustrated edition. Their sketches for Remembrance of Things Past were totally bitchin.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?