<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 29, 2009

In Which I Am a Truly Wonderful Person

I am teaching young children about the law again tomorrow. It's a different group of kids -- this time seventh and eighth graders, which as compared to fifth and sixth grades have more opinions and more acne -- but it's essentially the same material. I figure I can try to age it slightly by peppering it with curse words. Oh, and I'll change the Miley Cyrus references to Fall Out Boy.

Of course, teaching once again will involve getting up at the ass crack of dawn. I have already dug my car out of the snow and put my stuff in the trunk so I won't have to spend time on that tomorrow morning, but I still think I need to get up at 6:15. Last time I left an hour and a half to drive there and I was five minutes late. Plus I tore through approximately seventy-three yellow lights, which was pushing the odds on a traffic fatality. So I'm both trying a new route and leaving earlier this time. Which likely means I'll get lost and end up running through my lesson plan with the AM crowd at a Wendy's somewhere.

I suppose I should try to go to sleep now. Somehow bed at eleven seems ridiculous, though. Maybe I'll just throw PBS on and try to bore myself to sleep.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?