<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New York, New York

I went to New York for work on Monday. I have to say I was pretty lucky in that I managed to be among the approximately .004% of all flights that have actually made it out of Chicago without some sort of weather disaster lately. In fact, my flights got in early both times. This was great because it allowed me to more fully concentrate on all the joys of business travel: stuffing receipts into every free orifice, trying to locate conference rooms, and desperately seeking cell phone service. Some may disagree, but I genuinely believe that every city is better when you only visit it for 24 hours and spend most of that time working.

Flying into LaGuardia is pretty amazing, though, because it always looks like your pilot has lost his mind and decided to land right on the water. It's not until the very last minute that you can actually see runway, and by then you've already emptied the majority of your complimentary beverage service into your pants. Also, the airport itself kind of looks like a 1980s strip mall on the inside. I'm pretty sure they even have an Orange Julius.

I also got to have dinner with a friend from high school on Monday night. We drank red wine and ate enough that I didn't feel comfortable submitting the receipt to my office for reimbursement afterwards. And as we are both nearly 31 years old, we made it an early night, and I was safely in bed by 11:30 (Eastern). Being lame is completely the best.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?