<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good News

It is ridiculous how excited I am that a new Subway has opened around the corner from my house. But the fact is that there is no truly close option for fast food, other than the burrito stand that is still on probation after a chicken incident I had there last summer. I mean, what am I supposed to do, walk two blocks to the McDonald's? Thank God the geniuses at Subway helped me out with their delicious lettuce substitutes and tomato-like creations.

I am also pleased to report that I taught my fifth and sixth graders again this morning without murdering anyone. I did come close. We have one student who literally does not stop talking from the minute he walks in the door. We've tried threatening him, joking with him, offering him bribes -- nothing works. And I had the distinct feeling today that he was making fun of my haircut. Next time I'm filling out the discipline referral form in advance.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?