<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Losing It

After having the same el card for about three years, I have now lost the damn thing twice in the scope of approximately three weeks. It is completely mystifying to me. Where could it possibly go? And how could I not notice? Both times I have tried to convince myself that someone obviously stole it, rendering the whole thing completely not my fault, but both times I checked online and no one has tried to use it. So it really is just me. Perhaps I'm entering some sort of altered state and chucking it down the heating vent? I don't want to completely rule out demonic possession here.

These incidents come right on the heels of the incredible occasion when I managed to accidentally toss my security ID down the crack between the elevator and the 41st floor. I grieved that thing for a full two hours before a secretary found it sitting on the ledge a few floors down and brought it to my office. It was as though I was reunited with my lost child -- I was seriously that pathetically happy. I really do think I may need professional help.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?