<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sadness

I finally saw The Wrestler tonight. I have to say I didn't think it was all that spectacular. I mean, the best thing about it was Evan Rachel Wood, and she's always terrified me, even before she started in with that Marilyn Manson business. Marisa Tomei I think managed to garner another Oscar nomination based primarily on elderly Academy voters' thankfulness that she would so graciously show them her tits. Mickey Rourke was -- well, I mean, I feel bad for the guy, but come on, it's not like he's really stretching to play a washed up dude with a screwed up face. Although if he actually took those staples himself I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

And while we're on the subject, I would have appreciated a little bit less of the nasty blood and guts business. I could have gone my entire life without seeing someone pull bits of barbed wire out of their skin. This is why my whole life I've gone to the opera or the symphony instead of the wrestling match -- it's quite rare that a mezzo-soprano or trombonist opens up a can of whupass on anyone.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it was certainly a well made movie. But it's one of those things where you have to go in prepared to feel bad for people for a couple of hours. And right now I'm way to busy feeling bad for myself. I mean, you should have seen some of these snippy emails I got from people today!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?