<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dayquil Madness

I've been fighting off a little bit of a cold. In an earlier incarnation, I might have welcomed this news as an excuse to take a few days off of work and catch up on my stories. The Responsible Jay of the past few years, however, can't miss work, as he has far too much to do. So he simply drugs himself with some delightful over the counters and heads for another day in court. True, my legal reasoning may suffer slightly as my body turns cold germs into craziness, but I think I more than make up for it with enthusiasm. And and style points I might lose by hacking and wheezing I think I regain by openly weeping in my delirium. Talk about impassioned advocacy!

So last night, instead of going to a movie as planned, I took a Nyquil and slept for ten hours. Today, instead of eating, I filled up on nasal spray. It is a very sexy time in a young man's life, I assure you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?