<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 20, 2009

A Few Small Repairs

This morning I had a handyman come out to my house. Although various things have been broken around my house for a while now, the final straw came when the handle came off the faucet for my kitchen sink. It has been a long week of walking down to the guest bathroom so I can get some water to boil some rice.

The only time they had available that was not in the far distant future was at 7 in the morning, so I got a nice early start. I was especially lucky to have the World's Chattiest Republican Handyman. That way I got to make awkward small talk about AIG bonuses while I got my morning handful of Coco Puffs.

I also have to hand it to him for his initiative. One of the issues I had was a broken front door intercom. Without saying a word to me, he took it upon himself to knock on all my neighbors' doors and ask them if their intercoms were malfunctioning, too. I am sure they appreciated the wake-up call.

The good news is that everything is functioning now. I give it five minutes.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?