<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Television History

I saw possibly the most amazing thing of all time on television the other night.

I was flipping through the channels and I stopped on one of the HBOs because they were advertising Never Been Kissed, featuring Jessica Alba and James Franco, which is of course a classic feature of our time. But instead of this delightful comic romp, I found myself face to face with Bryant Gumbel. And, as if that weren't terrifying enough, also Tanya Harding.

Yes, HBO was showing Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, and they had a rather extensive segment on your favorite ice princess and mine, Tanya Harding. I don't know if I've ever seen a more aggressive interview subject in my life, and that includes the great Lauer/Cruise dustup of a few years ago. She ferociously denied any involvement in tireirongate and lambasted those who would "make money off of her," apparently just by mentioning her name. (I am expecting a check in the mail any day now.) Not even the skating federation escaped her wrath.

The bad news is that she's changed her hair. In contrast, I'm not sure that she's changed her clothes even once in the intervening decade. Oh, and she has no regrets about the Celebrity Boxing. Paula Jones deserved what she got.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?