<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back At It

I drove back to Chicago from Quincy on Monday. The good news was that there was a Cubs game for me to listen to on the trip; the mortal terror their play always causes me tends to make the drive go faster. The bad news was that it rained the entire way; after a while I began to feel like I was living in a Joseph Turner painting. The other good news was that I stopped at Arby's on the way; I hadn't had any fried foods for the entire duration of Lent, which led to some fairly serious symptoms of withdrawal. The other bad news, though, was that I failed to notice the return of the Chicken Cordon Bleu until after I had already ordered, thus missing out on one of the greatest culinary achievements in the field of extra value meals. I guess you win some and you lose most, eh?

Since I've been back I've mainly been working. For some reason this week turned out to be the convergence of all work-related tasks ever for me. I've even been getting up before 7, which is very much unlike me. It turns out the train isn't even crowded then!

I did take a few minutes out from my labors tonight to watch a random fifteen minutes from the middle of Syndey White. I will tell you that nothing soothes the frazzled soul like a heaping helping of Amanda Bynes. Plus it helped me do a lot of learning about America. Still more proof that there's nothing that affable preteen-marketed comedies cannot teach us.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?