<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Wedding Weekend 2000!!!!!

I am in Quincy this weekend for a friend's wedding. I had never previously encountered an Easter wedding, but I suppose it's fine so long as one doesn't try to incorporate it as a theme. "Come celebrate the resurrection of our love!" would seem a bit tacky. Or "We're crucifixin' to get married!"

The wedding events begin this evening with the rehearsal dinner, where I understand there's to be an elaborate slide show from which any and all photos deemed unflattering by the bride have been purged. I have prepared a full arsenal of small talk topics, from the weather and everyone's health to amusing g-rated anecdotes about the bride's exploits back in high school. What I'm really excited about, though, is the reception, which will be at a winery in a small town outside Quincy, where I did not previously know there was a winery. I'm really hoping they'll let me stomp some grapes, though I recognize that this will likely ruin my Pumas.

The bride is one of my favorite people ever, who has shared with me a number of delightful bon mots through the years, such as "babies are really small" and "everyone has a name, isn't that weird?" She also made me pigs in a blanket on more than one occasion, and performed with me in a children's show choir. So of course I wish her every happiness in the world.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?