<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The First 100

There's nothing like an arbitrarily-selected benchmark to really give you perspective on things. After 100 days of an Obama presidency, I think it's safe to say that The World Will Never Be the Same. That's also, incidentally, the title of the James Bond script I'm trying to sell to MGM. In this version, Bond is black, and the President. And sings Celine Dion ballads. I think I'm really onto something here.

Of course there's been all kinds of talk lately about how the President is doing 100 days into his term, about why he hasn't managed to get the Dow to 15,000 yet and how he probably began infecting people with Swine Flu personally using a tiny syringe he hides in his sleeve, but it's pretty hard to know what it all means. Am I supposed to be taking my life cues from CNN's John King now? Because if so, I have a lot of high-tech flatscreen monitors to purchase. Is Glenn Beck supposed to be my political sensei? Because I'm pretty sure he doesn't really go in for anything even vaguely multicultural-sounding. Where am I to go? Whatever am I to do?

I think the best part is the town hall meetings, because I really enjoy the questions that "real people" come up with. I'm just waiting for someone to ask him who he's rooting for on Dancing With the Stars. Definitely that one guy all the way.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?