<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Odds & Ends

Yesterday I got my oil changed and was subjected to sass courtesy of the lady working at the desk of the oil change place. Apparently I don't keep my air filter sufficiently clean for her liking. Which is too bad, because I was going to ask to take her out next week. I don't think the twenty year age difference will be an issue, do you?

I also washed the car, which due to strong winds resulted largely in a washing of me. I used only a light wax, as I didn't wish to melt in the strong midday sun.

Last night was a cavalcade of wedding events. The bad news is that there was no bouquet toss or garter toss, but there was a choreographed musical number to "Dancing Queen" involving feather boas on women of a certain age. There was also the requisite slide show of the bride and groom demonstrating their perfect love. I think a lot fewer people would get married if they could somehow force people to watch a slide show about them without a ceremony.

This morning we had church, where the resurrection of Christ was ushered in with a lot of very nasal singing and enthusiastically strummed guitars. The priest had hurt his knee and had to sit on a stool while turning the bread and wine into the Body & Blood O Christ, which made it seem a bit more like a cooking demonstration on The Today Show. Then we had lunch and conversations about the many faults of home health care workers at my grandmother's. Let me tell you, He is Risen Indeed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?