<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 25, 2009

R&R

I spent two days in New York this week for work. I knew it was going to be an awesome trip when I got into the cab to O'Hare at 6:30AM on Wednesday and the cab driver decided to spend the whole ride trying to argue with me about banking regulation, a subject on which I had little to no opinions. The awesomeness continued when the rather full bodied lady sitting next to me on the flight repeatedly slumped over on me in her sleep, which I believe may have left my right arm permanently paralyzed. Then I had a fracas with a lovely gentleman over a cab, during which I was physically threatened with an umbrella. And then I got rained on rather extensively while walking the twenty minutes from my office to my hotel, which had been represented to me as being "right next door." Oh, and I had to eat two separate meals at the LaGuardia Wendy's. I'm pretty sure that's Zagat rated, right?

Regardless, I'm back now, and feeling very much like there's no place like home. Even if there are rotten bananas in my kitchen and the hall lights keep inexplicably flashing on and off. Oh, and the Cubs have dropped three in a row. I'll take it all, so long as you keep me off the airplanes.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?