<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Forgot to Mention

That I was stranded at LaGuardia for about three hours on Thursday. Apparently there was bad weather somewhere in the world that was preventing my plane from arriving. The butterfly effect is very big in the aviation industry.

So I got the chance to really explore all that there is to do in America's Favorite Airport that Seems More Suited to Omaha than New York City. First, I ate a Baconator Combo at Wendy's, which was pretty much wholly ruined by the fact that they listed the amount of calories on the menu board. I think Don't Ask, Don't Tell is a very sound policy as applied to fast food intake. Then I changed out of my suit in the men's room, which allowed me to test my ability to change my shoes and socks without ever touching the floor. I felt vaguely like Larry Craig. I'm just glad the stall walls went all the way down to the floor.

The one thing I did not get to do was get a drink. Inexplicably, I could not find an open bar. Don't they understand that airline delays are the world's best marketing for alcohol?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?