<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Postcard

Busy times here on the lazy Mississippi. Friday we went to the salad bar at Kelly's, where I ducked behind a pillar to avoid being seen by a former high school classmate. Yesterday we took the dogs for a long walk that somehow did not tire them out enough to prevent them from waking up at 5 AM and barking repeatedly. I had lunch with my grandmother, who showed off her new walker, and went to TJ Maxx with my mother, who somehow talked me in to buying a sheet set I did not want or need. Today we had church, which we watched on television since my mother wasn't feeling well, another lunch with my grandmother, and I rediscovered PC gaming, much to my shame. Yes, today I played Civilization for about six hours. Did I mention that I am deeply ashamed?

Now we're getting ready to watch a movie and perhaps play a few board games. We are the Happiest Midwestern Family. Aside from the fact that my mother is screaming at her computer right now. But that is really a given.

Back to Chicago tomorrow. I am sad to give up the relaxation, but pleased to not sleep in a twin bed any more.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?