<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 22, 2009

Vacationesque

I am back in Quincy for the long weekend. Or, as one of my coworkers calls it, "the place where my criminal defendant is from." Unfortunately, ever since the Sonics closed, meth has been one of the town's leading industries. And you do have to give us credit for being industrious. We take some cough medicine and a Jr. Scientist Chemistry Set and make our own revenue-generating opportunities. It's like a slightly more menacing version of Mary Kay!

Anyway, although I realize that I am not exactly sipping Cristal in the VIP lounge, I am happy just to be out of Chicago for the long weekend. Not that I don't miss paying $12 for a sandwich and getting sneezed on on the el, but it's nice to have a break every now and then. I believe my most onerous task for the weekend will be walking the dogs. Or possibly chatting with my grandmother about the '40s, depending on the mood she's in. Regardless, it will beat deposition practice any day.

It is really hard to believe that summer is here already. As much as winter sometimes seemed like it was six years long, I somehow can't believe it's time to have my annual landscaping argument with my neighbors. Or show off my Kathy Griffin bikini bod. I guess that time flies when you're trying to figure out if you are having fun.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?