<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

All About the Benjamin

So I saw half of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. I started out with the intention of seeing all of it, but found my energy flagging just past the 1:30 mark. You see, while Benjamin may be aging in reverse, I'm doing it the old fashioned way, which means I rarely stay up past 11:30 on a weeknight. On the plus side, I wasn't born looking like a sharpei puppy. At least not that I'm aware of. There is suspiciously little documentary evidence of my infanthood.

But anyway, so far I like it pretty well. I could do without the frame story (which can be said of almost any frame story), but Cate Blanchett is rather a delight and this is one of the first times Brad Pitt has seemed plausible to me as a human being. Of course the cinematography is rather something, although it likely loses some of its effect due to my inability to figure out how to adjust the color and brightness settings on my television. And they somehow managed to keep Tilda Swinton from wearing a trash bag for her role, so that's good.

Now the trick is to figure out when I can get the second part in, what with my full social calendar and all. Perhaps I should hire an assistant to watch it for me and provide a detailed synopsis. Craigslist post of the day, here I come.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?