<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Celebrity Death Match

How strange is it that Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died on the same day? In a way, you really have to feel bad for Farrah that she lost all of her headlines when someone more famous died unexpectedly mere hours later. Also because she had anal cancer, which from what I understand is not exactly the bee's knees. But regardless, it's sad to see both of them go. The Thriller video was one of the formative experiences of my young life; I recall hiding in the kitchen at my grandmother's house in Wisconsin because I was too scared to watch the zombies. (I later learned to appreciate the savage beauty of the zombie dance.) And without the Charlie's Angels series, there never would have been the Charlie's Angels movies, and the world would never have learned just how intense Drew Barrymore's speech impediment really is. Film can be an incredible boon to science, can't you see?

I've put my Off the Wall LP on heavy rotation in honor of both of them. Child molestation charges and questionable hair trends aside, they both gave us a lot of joy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?