<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 29, 2009

Transformers 2: Transformerser

Like apparently everyone else in America, I saw Transformers 2 this weekend. It was every bit as wonderfully terrible as I expected. I mean, there were jive talking robots. Jive talking robots! I'm pretty sure an NAACP Image award is right around the corner.

In case you aren't familiar with the Transformers, let me assure you that their title pretty much sums them up: they transform from one thing to another. One of the things is usually a robot. But the other thing can be all kinds of things, from a car to a boombox (boomboxes still being very current products, let me assure you) to an insect. Usually the other thing isn't something truly complicated like, say, the Mayo Clinic, but they have been known to stretch their limits a bit. As I recall there were even Transformers that turned into dinosaurs, which was pretty much childhood nirvana, although come to think of it candy-filled dinosaurs would have been even better. I'll be waiting for your call, Hasbro.

Anyway, the plot of Transformers 2 is not much more complicated than the plot of the toys, although it features a lot more of Megan Fox jiggling than your average playroom. Her entrance in the movie is accomplished bent over a motorcycle with ass and boob on full display, by the way. At my screening, the audience applauded. There's also a lot of Shia Labeouf, or the less talented half of Even Stevens, as I will always remember him. Somewhere Christy Carlson Romano is crying her eyes out.

There's also some business with pyramids and Egypt, although no mummies, which seems to me like a waste of some perfectly good Egypt. Oh, and the whole thing is two and a half hours long, so you might want to bring an extra seat cushion. I'm pretty sure Transformers 2 gave me piles.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?