<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wired

Well, my attempts to be as cool as my parents have yet again failed.

Yesterday I decided on a whim that I would upgrade my internet to wireless. I carefully studied the characteristics of my wireless card and modem, realized that I had no idea what I was doing, and instead asked one of my friends to figure it all out for me. With a recommendation in hand, I then headed to a certain big box electronics store that shall not be named, but is pretty much the only store fitting that description that has not (yet) gone out of business. This was a mistake.

You see, it turns out that unless a router costs more than, say, your house, this store is not all that interested in selling it to you. They did not have what I wanted in stock. More than that even, they did not even seem to understand what I was talking about when I approached them with serial number in hand. Blank expressions like what Jessica Simpson might look like taking the GRE. Except surlier. Like what Sandra Bernhard might look like imagining Jessica Simpson taking the GRE.

So I've thrown in the towel. Comcast is coming over next Tuesday to install it for me. I'll pay $150 and lose four hours of my life making that happen. But damn it, I'll be wire free.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?